It’s your computer, so why shouldn’t you personalize it? Any change that differs from the default installation may be considered a personalization.
Computer personalization is the act of modifying the feel, look, and setting of a computer; users usually personalize their gadget to increase the personal comfort and adaptation of the user interface, enhance its visual set up or express personal interest. It also includes selecting desktop backgrounds, window color schemes, sounds, and screensavers from a range of available themes. Windows 7 allows computer users to customize several settings on their computers.
Here are five ways to personalize your gadget.
- Change the Default Wallpaper/ Background
A background picture of your choice and interest is an excellent way to leave your mark on a computer, and you do this by following these steps;
- Visit the windows start button and click on “control panel.”
- Click “personalization.”
- Click “background”
- Click “picture location” and select the location of the background picture you want to use; double click the image and use it as your background picture. If you would like to use your photos, click “browse,” search for your picture’s location and double click it.
- Set the desired position of your wallpaper
- Click ok to apply your new computer background.
- Customize Desktop Gadget
- Right-click anywhere on your computer and click “gadget from the list of menu that appears.
- Click the arrow on the gadget menu and scroll through your available gadgets. Double click a device to add it to your computer.
- Drag your desktop to the desired location on your computer
- Right-click a gadget and then click on the “options” button to change any device settings.
- Customize Taskbar
- Click the windows start button and identify any application you want to add to your taskbar.
- Right-click the application and select “pin to taskbar” to add it to your taskbar.
- Click and drag any application icon on your taskbar to shift it to a new location.
- The Microsoft Store app
One of the best ways to personalize your computer is to download the apps you want to use. An excellent resource for this is the Microsoft store. You can access Microsoft store from the start menu, or you can search for the app you want to download, and your computer will bring out corresponding results. You can try it with something like WhatsApp or Facebook.
- Rename Your Device
There’s no better to personalize your computer than renaming it in a way that signifies you’re the owner. You can do this by going to settings, then click on system/About, then you’ll see the name of your computer, PC and rename PC option, put in the new name for your computer, you’ll get a pop up asking you if you want to restart your computer now or later.
In conclusion, just like anything we own, our homes, clothes, etc., we style them to our …